Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Coquito with Nutella

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life!

 Coquito with Nutella

 

 Sofrito Lovers,

Apparently, Nutella Coquito is all the rage this holiday season! I've seen a few recipes posted on social media, folks have blogged about it, and even my partner, David, bought some home for us to enjoy. To be honest, I'm a bit of a Coquito traditionalist, but I'm beginning to buckle under the peer pressure.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to partake of it soon.

I've decided to post this popular Nutella/Coquito recipe from Cook Pad
so everyone can enjoy this new taste sensation.

I'm planning on making a bottle for Three Kings!  I'll let you know how it tastes!  Follow my lead and taste for yourself!  ¡Buen provecho!

NUTELLA COQUITO (PUERTORRICAN HOLIDAY DRINK)


This is another holiday drink we like to make in Puerto Rico for the holidays, is the same as my regular Coquito but this one I've added Nutella, you can leave the alcohol out if you want.

Ingredients
  1. 1 can evaporated milk
  2. 1 can condensed milk
  3. 1 can cream of coconut
  4. 1 can coconut milk
  5. 1 cup nutella
  6. 1 tsp vanilla extract
  7. 1 pinch ground nutmeg
  8. 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  9. 1 cup white rum (Bacardi) or you can leave it out
Method 
In a blender mix all the ingredients until well combined, pour on a bottle, refrigerate for at least 4 hours, once you are ready to drink it, leave it outside for 20 minutes mix well and enjoy in a martini glass, or shots glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment