Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: People Try Desserts From Around The World!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

People Try Desserts From Around The World!

 
  
Sofrito Lovers,

As you all know, I am a huge fan of BuzzFeedVideo and their tasting videos! Last month, BuzzFeed posted this awesome video titled, "People try desserts from Around the World!", which has changed my life.

Being Diabetic, I have to be careful with my sugar consumption, so dessert isn't often part of my meal, but this BuzzFeed video has inspired me to start trying international desserts-responsibly, of course!

Now I know that sounds bad, but when I did some research on the desserts  featured in the video posted below, I found out that a lot of them aren't as processed as American desserts tend to be. In fact, many of these international desserts are made with honey, organic fruits, nuts, seeds, eggs, and fruit-based products, which are healthier than our usual super processed sugars and creams.

This has inspired me to get out there and try some new desserts! I'm looking for international/ethnic based bakeries throughout the City that use healthier products instead of refined sugar! I'll let you know what I find and taste!

Watch the video, and go taste for yourself! ¡Buen provecho!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment