Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Have you ever eaten Boiled peanuts?

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of Advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.


Have you ever eaten Boiled peanuts?


Sofrito Lovers,

Boiled peanuts are an amazing Southern Treat!  I've only tasted them once, when I went to Georgia and encountered them in a small general store.  They were sold in small Styrofoam cups for $5; I was told they were a Southern delicacy.  It was love at first bite!  The peanuts are soft, savory, and have an incredibly unique beany flavor that's hard to describe.

Below I've posted a video from Emmymadeinjapan, one of my favorite YouTube sites, which features a recipe on how to make Boiled Peanuts.  The first time I saw this video, I knew I had to blog about it because Boiled peanuts are such an unknown incredible treat.  Why should Southerners have all the fun?  it's time we all had some delicious Boiled peanuts, please enjoy!

Watch it, cook it, and taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!







No comments:

Post a Comment