Monday, July 4, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Frozen Gin and Tonics Are Your New Signature Summer Drink

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Blender, Meet G&T: Frozen Gin and Tonics Are Your New Signature Summer Drink


Sofrito Lovers,

As I've stated before, my summer foodie resolution is to drown my sorrows, stress, and anxiety in some righteous booze! After this reading this awesome article on Gin & Tonic, I'm totally intrigued by the idea of this amazing and delicious sounding beverage.

Check out the article below, from Serious Eats, which features a series of recipes and ideas on how to make tonic drinks even more interesting and delicious.  My curiosity is through the roof!  I'm anxious to make some of these drinks for my partner David and his friends; it's going to be a boozy summer!  If i can type after these taste tests, I'll let you know how they taste!

Cheers! Read it, make it, drink it, and taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!

Blender, Meet G&T: Frozen Gin and Tonics Are Your New Signature Summer Drink

 
 
[Photographs: Vicky Wasik]

I grew up in a household with a pretty strict definition of what's proper when it comes to gin and tonics. For decades, my father marked the end of the workday with a single drink: a long pour of Tanqueray on ice and a squeezed fifth of a lime (yes, a fifth), fizzed up with Canada Dry, stirred with a single swirl of the lime-cutting knife. The piney scent is embedded in my memory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment