Saturday, September 17, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Latinos Don't Do Basic Food: Pupusas

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Latinos Don't Do Basic Food: Pupusas



Sofrito Lovers,

On my list of humanity's greatest inventions, Pupusas place third after the internet and Twinkies!

Pupusas are an incredible Salvadoran treat made from corn flour that has been pressed into a pancake shape and filled with meat, cheese, beans, or rice. I started my love affair and obsession with pupusas when I lived in Washington D.C. for college.  The Latino community there is primarily Salvadoran/Central American, therefore the pupusa reigns supreme! 

I remember the Pupuserias (where pupusas are made and sold) were always packed with people, from all backgrounds, waiting anxiously for a hot and steamy pupusa fresh off the grill!

When I saw the "Latinos don't do basic foods" video posted below, I immediately realized that I need to learn how to make my own pupusas!  I looked up a pupusa making video tutorial on Latinaish and now I'm getting my grocery list together!  This is officially Pupusa Weekend!  

Check out the videos below and get cooking!  Go taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!




No comments:

Post a Comment