Monday, November 28, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Cheesy Tomato Pasta Dish!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Cheesy Tomato Pasta Dish!


Sofrito Lovers,

As you all know, I'm a weekend Amateur Top Chef and this weekend I outdid myself.  Combining two recipes, I created my own Cheesy Tomato Pasta dish for my Bearbear, David!

Now, don't get me wrong, I know that I'm not the first person to combine two recipes together or to add cheese to tomato sauce, but my recipe is pretty kick ass! My partner David loves pasta dishes, so I decided to experiment and created a dinner he called, "Delicious!"  High praise indeed from Mr. Finicky!

Check out my recipe below! Go taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!

Cheesy Tomato Pasta Dish


Ingredients:
1 Box of Rotelle Pasta
1 Packet of Ground Beef
1/2 Packet of Mushrooms
1 Medium Onion
1 Small Green pepper
½ Packet of cherry/grape tomatoes
1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella
½-2/3 cup of Ricotta Cheese
1 16 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
1 Small pasta sauce jar

Seasoning:
1 Tsp. of Salt
1 Tsp. Oregano
1 Tsp. Onion powder
1 Tsp. Garlic powder
1 Tsp. Basil powder
½ Tsp. of Black pepper
¼ Tsp. of Red pepper flakes

Directions:

Prepare the pasta per the box’s instructions and
add to sauce after it's cooked.

Brown Meat on medium high heat. 
Once brown add seasonings and veggies.

Once the veggies are translucent, then add
the crushed tomatoes and pasta sauce and bring to a boil.

Cover, lower heat to medium, and let cook about 10-15 minutes.
Uncover the sauce and add the ricotta cheese and
mix until the sauce is slightly pink.

Add Mozzarella cheese and mix until melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment