Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Vegan Carbonara Pasta Recipe!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Vegan Carbonara Pasta Recipe!


Sofrito Lovers,

I can't believe that I love Vegan Carbonara Pasta!  Sometimes, certain vegan dishes can taste, how do I say this gingerly?  LIKE SHIT!  But, when I tasted my co-worker's vegan pasta recipe, from SeriousEats.com, I couldn't believe how creamy, rich, and delicious this pasta dish tasted.  

How could buttery, cheesy, eggy carbonara be vegan?  How could someone veganize this decadent and delicious celebration of dairy at is best?

Flabbergasted, I immediately asked for the recipe and she called it up on her smart phone and,of course, the recipe was from SeriousEats.  Their recipes are always resourceful and creative; these people could veganize an Argentinian barbeque smack in the middle of cow country!

Check out this recipe for yourself!  If a life long carnivore like me loves it, I'm sure you all will as well!  Go taste for yourself!

Vegan Carbonara Pasta Recipe



 
Carbonara may be one of the most difficult recipes to vegan-ify, since every major ingredient in the sauce is off-limits. But by eating lots of the real deal and getting mighty crafty with an array of unlikely ingredients, I managed to create a vegan carbonara that captures the essence of the original like no other: It's silky and rich, unctuous, and studded with meaty bits, with the sharp, lactic tang of Pecorino Romano (but, of course, no actual Pecorino Romano).

Check out the rest of the recipe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment