Monday, September 25, 2017

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Cuban Elena Ruz Sandwiches!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Cuban Elena Ruz Sandwiches!


Sofrito Lovers,

Have you ever heard of an Elena Ruz sandwich?  Yeah, neither have I!  Apparently, this little Cuban American beauty has evaded my Cuban cuisine loving ass for the longest.

It's a Cuban or Cuban American sandwich (I can't figure out which) that is prepared by spreading cream cheese and guava or strawberry jam or jelly on toast, then adding slices of turkey.  Weird, yet tantalizing right? At first mention, the recipe sounds gross, but if you think about it, the salty, savory, and sweet combo of it all becomes quite intriguing.

Check out the video below from We are Mitú and try out the recipe for yourself!  I'm running to my local bodega tomorrow to get some guava jelly and maybe some pan sobao to make my Elena Ruz.  I'm still trying to figure out why it's called an Elena Ruz, let me know if you do!

Check it out, go taste for yourself, and Buen provecho!


2 comments:

  1. Pan Sobao

    It is a Puerto Rican bakery that has been expanding to the US market with the strategy of its CEO Maria Cidre


    to get more - https://cidrines.com/es/inicio/


    ReplyDelete
  2. Pan Sobao

    Es una panadería puertorriqueña que se ha ido expandiendo al mercado estadounidense con la estrategia de su CEO Maria Cidre. El mejor pan de Puerto Rico.

    to get more - http://cidrines.com/es/inicio/

    ReplyDelete