Monday, January 7, 2019

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Korean Ground Beef and Rice!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Korean Ground Beef and Rice!


Sofrito Lovers,

I really wanted to cook Sunday night but after a whole day of running errands around the city and visiting my mother, I needed something quick simple and with little preparation.  So, I visited The Recipe Critic, one of my favorite sites, and found this awesome recipe for Korean Ground Beef.  

The ingredients alone piqued my interest! I knew I had to prepare this dish for dinner. It was simply delicious; David loved it! Whenever my finicky partner enjoys it, I know it's a hit!

Check out the recipe below and do yourself the favor of preparing this dish, I'm sure you'll love it too!

Go taste for yourself! ¡Buen Provecho!


Korean Ground Beef from The Recipe Critic


Author: Alyssa
Serves: 4

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS:

In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.

In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.

Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment