Monday, September 4, 2023

Happy National Chicken Month: Arroz Con Pollo!

 Happy National Chicken Month: Arroz Con Pollo!



Sofrito Lovers,

Happy National Chicken Month!  Yeah, I didn't know either, but what type of foodie would I be if I didn't bring awareness to the most consumed protein in the United States? 

Did you know that? It is estimated that 8 billion chickens are eaten each year in the U.S. Here's an Arroz Con Pollo (chicken with rice) recipe that will make one of those 8 billion chickens taste outstanding.

Like every Boricua, I love Arroz con pollo and was raised eating it at least once, maybe twice, a week.  It's a one-pot wonder whose versatility is legendary: serve it with beans, Viandas (Caribbean root vegetables), soup, or whatever your heart desires.

Below is a recipe for Arroz con pollo I live for!  It's by Chef Zee Cooks (my culinary guru and imaginary wife), whose YouTube channel has been a source of inspiration, education, and astounding Sunday night dinners.  Watch this video and get your butt in the kitchen; you will not regret it!

Go taste for yourself! ¡Buen Povecho!



No comments:

Post a Comment