Friday, February 10, 2017

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Flamin' Hot Cheeto Corn on the Cob!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Flamin' Hot Cheeto Corn on the Cob!


Sofrito Lovers,

No, that title is not a misprint!  Yup,  this post features a recipe for Flamin' Hot Cheeto Corn on the Cob!  

On one of my random searches on YouTube, I came across a recipe for Flamin' Hot Cheeto Corn on the Cob, it was posted on Wendy's Eating Show. Wendy's a Mexican mom from California whose channel features cooking tutorials and Mukbang videos. Mukbang videos are videos where people eat large portions of food while interacting and carrying on conversations with their audience.

Wendy has posted several tutorials in which she adds Hot Cheetos or Takis to other foods.  In one video she creates the world's largest Taki with a fried tortilla and Taki dust and in another she adds Hot Cheeto dust to Sushi.

The video posted below is essentially a Hot Cheeto Elote recipe.  I found it fascinating, yet really weird and curious.  Wendy's a sweetheart and she's really committed to bringing the best quality Mukbang video she can.  I think she's cool and several thousand YouTube watchers agree!

I don't think I'll be trying this recipe anytime soon, but I still find her ingenuity and enthusiasm really cool and funny. Watch the video and see if you share my fascination.

Check it out and then go taste for yourself.  ¡Buen Provecho!








No comments:

Post a Comment