Friday, February 9, 2018

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Bo Ky, one of Chinatown's interesting restaurants!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Bo Ky, one of Chinatown's interesting restaurants!


 Sofrito Lovers,

Are you in the mood for a culinary adventure this weekend?  I know I am and if you are too then check out Bo Ky in Chinatown!

I've never visited, but I've read a lot about it and when Eater.com posted this article (see below) about this popular Chinatown eatery, I knew I had to get my ass down town.

Bo Ky serves Teochew cuisine, which is a fusion of eastern Chinese cuisine with South Asian culinary influences.  This ancient fare brings together amazing Asian flavor profiles to produce some of the most unique Chinese dishes you'll ever taste.

Check out the article below and do what I am going to do this weekend: Go taste for myself!  ¡Buen provecho!


What to Order at Bo Ky, One of Chinatown’s Most Interesting Restaurants It serves Teochew cuisine, a reflection of Cantonese, Fujianese, and Vietnamese fare.

by Robert Sietsema Jan 17, 2018, 2:39pm EST
Photos by Robert Sietsema
 
 The braised Teochew duck at Bo Ky with dipping sauce
 
Late in the last century, Chinatown abounded with Teochew restaurants. Also spelled Chaozhou and Chiuchow, this cuisine represented the cooking of the Chaoshan region of eastern Guangdong. For centuries, members of this group have traded with Southeast Asia and immigrated there too, and their unique cuisine reflects this diaspora. Signs on Teochew restaurants are often in both Chinese and Vietnamese, and Southeast Asian dishes populate the menus, next to recognizably Cantonese and Fujianese stuff.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment