Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Jamaican Cold Remedy!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Jamaican Cold Remedy!


Sofrito Lovers,

As I write this, thousands of home remedies are being brewed, steeped, and poured into mugs to bring some comfort this winter's cold and flu victims.  On one of my Youtube searches, I came across this Jamaican cold remedy that looked delicious and sounds righteous!

Before I begin, I'm feeling great...for now, but I know any minute now one of those little booger bags at my school will be infecting me.  I believe in being prepared, so I've started stocking up on certain medicines and learning how to brew some homemade miracle cures.  I think the video posted below from OkayAfrica is brilliant.  Tumeric, lemon, honey, and ginger are all powerful curatives and the idea of combining them is a stroke of genius.

Check out the video below and brace yourself...we've got another month and a half of winter left.  Stay warm, safe, and healthy!  If you're sick, then go taste this for yourself! ¡Buen provecho!




No comments:

Post a Comment