Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Watch 100 Years of Family Dinners in 3 Minutes

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Watch 100 Years of Family Dinners in 3 Minutes

Sofrito Lovers,

I found the video posted below, from Delish.com, to be incredibly interesting! I had no idea how simple and straight forward American dinners could be throughout history. 

I noticed the lack of salad or cooked veggies in most of the meals as well. I can see where the American "meat and potatoes" mythos came from. Also, the definition of what an "American" dinner seemed interesting to me since many of the dishes were of either European, African, or Latino descent.

Check out this interesting piece of history! This video has made me curious to taste a few of these dishes! Watch, learn, and Buen Provecho!



No comments:

Post a Comment