Thursday, May 5, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: New Mexican Restaurant in Harlem/Hamilton Heights

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

New Mexican Restaurant in Harlem/Hamilton Heights


Sofrito Lovers,

According to Eater.com, a new Mexican restaurant, named Oso, just opened across the street from where I grew up.  Oso-Spanish for Bear- features Mexican street food inspired by one of the owner's travels through Mexico City.

I'm excited!  For the past few years, my area of Harlem, more often referred to as Hamilton Heights now, has experienced a restaurant renaissance with incredible eateries opening up all over Amsterdam Avenue and Broadway. Some of my favorites are: The Grange, which features New American Cusine; The Clove, delicious Indian/Pakistani cuisine; and Grill on the Hill, a gastropub with awesome modern American cuisine.  

Oso is the latest in this burgeoning food revolution.  I haven't been there yet, but I'll be visiting my Mami this weekend; I guess I'll be treating her to some fish tacos and octopus tostadas.  I'll let you know how she liked it!

Check out Eater.com's article on Oso below!  Read it and then go taste for yourself! ¡Buen Provecho!


Three Willow Road Vets Open Oso in Hamilton Heights Tonight

by Patty Diez May 4, 2016, 3:53p @pattydiez



Tamales, tostadas, and more

Tonight, Matthew Trebek and Nodar Mosiashvili are opening Oso — their Mexican restaurant just off the City College campus.





No comments:

Post a Comment