Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Incredible Breakfasts around the world!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.
Incredible Breakfasts around the world!
[Photograph: J. Kenji López-Alt]
  
Sofrito Lovers, 
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!  That tired, corny, and over used line has been slammed down our throats for years.  Honestly, I prefer breakfast for lunch or dinner!  Yes, I'm the type that prefers his pancakes or waffles with Fried Chicken and his egg omelets with rice and beans.
Unfortunately, I'm a  Diabetic so I have to eat breakfast to keep my blood sugar stable.  Lately, I've taken it upon myself to research different breakfasts food around the world and discovered a brand new selection of dishes that could make me an excited morning eater!
The article posted below, from Seriouseats.com, features incredible breakfast food from all over the world.  Reading the article has sparked my interest in PREPARING some of these incredible dishes!  I think that Arepa con huevo, Irish fry up, and Shrimp and Grits might make a cameo in my kitchen some time soon!  Let's see what happens!
Read the article and enjoy your Captain Crunch (groan!)!  ¡Buen Provecho!


It's Always Morning Somewhere: My Favorite Breakfasts Around the World 
Pho ga. [Photograph: J. Kenji López-Alt] 
A couple of months ago, while on vacation on the internet-free deck of a small boat in the Galápagos, my wife, my sister, and I started playing the old "If you were shipwrecked on one of these islands and had nothing but marine iguanas and blue-footed boobies to munch on for the rest of your life, what breakfast would you miss most?" game

No comments:

Post a Comment