Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: 19 Things You Should NEVER Do With Chopsticks!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

19 Things you should NEVER do with Chopsticks!


Sofrito Lovers,

Part of being an international foodie is learning the etiquette and eating customs of various cultures.  This is no easy feat, but when you have YouTube on your side you can do anything!

The video posted below comes from YouTube sensations Dan Chen and Mike Chen, two best friends who host a channel called Double Chen.  On their channel they talk about Asian culture, music and, of course, cuisine.  Hilarious, educational, and down right delicious, these guys are an amazing resource for all things Asian.  I highly encourage you to check out this interesting and entertaining channel; the food alone will have you hooked.

The video posted below is titled, "19 things you should NEVER do with chopsticks"; I'm proud to say that I knew a lot of theses facts.  In High school, I had a Chinese girlfriend who gave me a crash course on Chinese dining etiquette before I had dinner with her parents.  I had no idea there were so many rules and regulations when it came to dining.  I think I prepared harder for meeting her parents than I did my SATs. 

Watch the video below and learn something new!  You'll never point at anyone with chopsticks or lick them clean again!  ¡Buen Provecho!




No comments:

Post a Comment