Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: How to eat Pho, a Vietnamese noodle soup!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

How to eat Pho, a Vietnamese noodle soup, the right way!


Sofrito Lovers,

We've all been eating Pho, Vietnamese beef noodle soup, incorrectly.  Apparently, it's not as easy or intuitive as we thought! Being a Pho lover, I was shocked to learn that I've been eating it incorrectly all these years.  I thought I was an amateur Pho expert, but after watching the video posted below, there;s a lot I need to learn!

Like most people, I love to douse the soup with Hoisin sauce and Red chili paste and dive right in!  According to Vincent Kha, of Pho & Cafe Anh Hong in Upper Darby, PA, the dousing technique is all wrong!  The correct way to eat Pho will enhance the soup's flavor, which makes for a finer dining experience.

Check out the video below from YouTube Channel Munchies and learn to eat Pho from a TRUE Pho expert!  Learn, and then go taste for yourself! ¡Buen Provecho!


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment