Saturday, July 16, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: How to make Chinese Hot Oil!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

How to make Chinese Hot Oil!


Sofrito Lovers,

I like my Chinese food spicy; if it's not doused with Chinese mustard or Siracha, then I ain't eating it!  If I'm not farting fire after a Chinese meal, then something wrong.

As much as I love the above mentioned piquant condiments, nothing compares to the gloriousness of Chinese Hot Oil!  This neon red concoction is an amazing accompaniment to any meal because adds earthy depths of flavor and spice. 

For a long time now, the amateur cook in me has been wanting to learn how to make this magic potion and now I can!  The video posted below from Strictly Dumplinghosted by one of my favorite YouTube foodie personalities Mike Chen, has an easy and fun recipe for making hot oil.  

This is wonderful!  I can finally create an unlimited supply of this red lava flavored panacea and now you can too!  Watch it, cook it, and FART FIRE! ¡Buen Provecho!



No comments:

Post a Comment