Sunday, July 10, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Jamaican Pork and Beans

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Sunday night dinner: Jamaican Pork and Beans!


Sofrito Lovers,

Sunday night's dinner was Jamaican Pork and Beans from one of my favorite YouTube channels, CooklikeaJamaican!  

It was pretty good!  At first, I wasn't sure that I liked it, but after I let the stew sit for a while I found it delicious and enjoyed it more.  My partner David liked its simplicity and uncomplicated flavors.

Next time, I'm going to replace the Lima beans with either white kidney beans or small white beans.   Don't get me wrong Lima beans are good, but I think white beans pair better with pork.

Check out the video below from CooklikeaJamaican and try out the recipe for yourself!  Watch it, cook it, and taste it for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment