Monday, October 24, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Prison Dish: P's Jail Break

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Prison Dish: P's Jail Break


Sofrito Lovers,

Prisoners are incredibly resourceful, especially when it comes to their food!  A few days ago, Emmymadeinjapan posted a video of dish called P's Jail Break from a prison recipe book titled, Commissary Kitchen: my infamous prison cookbook by Albert "Prodigy" Johnson.  

Diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease, Johnson managed to stay healthy while incarcerated by creating healthy recipes from the items he could find in the prison commissary, what was sent to him, and cafeteria leftovers.

After watching Emmy's video, I looked up the book and was fascinated by Johnson's life as a Hiphop artist, his no nonsense approach to prison culinary culture, and the recipes he came up with and inherited from other inmates.

Watch the video below and give the dish a try!  I'm going to be sampling it soon myself!  I'll let you know what I think!  Watch and go taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!




No comments:

Post a Comment