Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Spoonful of Sofrito: 11 Food Trends that Need to Die in 2017!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

11 Food Trends that Need to Die in 2017!


Sofrito Lovers,

Like any other culture, food culture has trends, whether it's tie dying your bagels to making everything out of cauliflower, we foodies come up with the coolest, and eventually lamest, little trends to make our dining experiences special.  

When I saw the article posted below, I was instantly intrigued and couldn't wait to read it.  I thought some of the food trends in 2016 were cool!  I liked the idea of zoodles and rainbow food, but after reading Darcy Lenz's article, I think she has a good point about some of the corniness of the top food trends in 2016.

Check out the article below and see how you feel about these trends.  Should cooking chicken in a waffle iron or making weird quesadilla/cookie hybrids come to an end?  Who knows?  You decide for yourself!  Read and then go taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!

11 Food Trends that Need to Die in 2017

By Darcy Lenz |
 
This piece originally appeared on MyRecipes.

Confession: I’m a little late with publishing this list. Conventional wisdom says I should have done so at least week ago, but here we are. I don’t usually care to write an article that’s already been written (and this one has), but in this case, even if only for selfish cathartic reasons, I was compelled to do so. Because most of the 11 items listed below have already shown up, in some form or another, on various other trends lists recently. I'm not referring to other lists comprised of trends that should meet their inglorious demise, but lists of projected trends for 2017. As in, the trends I'm saying I want dead... those very same trends are ones that someone else "predicted" will come to life this year. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment