Monday, May 22, 2017

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Cheesy Taco Pasta!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Cheesy Taco Pasta!


Sofrito Lovers,

Last night, I made a Cheesy Taco Pasta dish that set my BearBear David's heart aflutter!  I haven't seen him lick the plate clean in a long time!

A few weeks ago, I posted a YouTube video from the Tasty Channel titled, "8 One-Pot Pastas" and I mentioned I was going to try out a few of the recipes. Well, I'm here to report that the Cheesy Taco Pasta recipe was a resounding success!  It's easy to prepare and packs an amazingly flavorful punch.

I've posted the recipe below in hopes that you'll try it out and let me know what you think.  To jazz it up a bit, I served the pasta on a bed of tortilla chips.  The corn flavor, salt, and crunch really added a new dimension of flavor and texture to the meal.  Try it out!

Go taste for yourself! ¡Buen Provecho! 

Cheesy Taco Pasta


INGREDIENTS
1 pound ground beef
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 package taco seasoning
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 ½ cups colby jack cheese 

PREPARATION
1. In a large quart pot over medium-high heat brown the ground beef. Drain fat and return beef to the pot. 

2. Add taco seasoning, water, diced tomatoes, corn and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. 

3. Add uncooked macaroni and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15 
minutes (until pasta is cooked through). Stir occasionally.

4. Remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover.

5. Serve once cheese is melted! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment