Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Southern Smothered Chicken!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Southern Smothered Chicken!


Sofrito Lovers,

This weekend, I took a big step in my career as an amateur cook: I STARTED COOKING SOUL FOOD!  Since I started cooking as a hobby, I've been wanting to learn how to cook my favorite Soul Food recipes and with one dish I have started this journey towards becoming a Soul Food Kung Fu Master-the pride has made me delirious!

This weekend, I decided it was time to learn so I looked up a  recipe on YouTube and came across IheartRecipes, an awesome Channel hosted by this disembodied chef/master/amazing/incredible young woman named Rosie!  Her instructions were clear and easy to follow; her website with the written recipes were also a  huge help!

After some preparation and patience, I cooked an amazing Southern Style Smothered Chicken, that made by finicky bear, David, lick his lips in pleasure.  I got a ton of gravy flavored kisses that night!  Gracias Rosie!

Folks, check out IHeartRecipes, start cooking, and taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!




No comments:

Post a Comment