Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Dad and Daughter Take a Culinary Tour of Yankee Stadium!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

A Dad and Daughter Take a Culinary Tour of Yankee Stadium!


Sofrito Lovers,

When I was a kid, my father used to take me to Yankee Stadium to enjoy some father-son bonding, live baseball, and to eat!  Okay, that last part was more me than him!  All jokes aside, I loved the stadium fare!  The hot dogs, burgers, fries, beer, and pretzels were all lit-as the kids would say!  My mouth is salivating just writing about it.  

I can remember my father being impressed at my appetite, which didn't make any sense to me because as a kid I used to forego the Happy Meals at McDonald's because I wanted Big Macs instead.  I've always had an adult appetite...and the body to match.

Reading the article below from Chowhound.com brought back a lot of happy memories of my Papi.  I never learned to like Baseball, but sharing a soda and a beer with my father while cheering for our hometown heroes was always wonderful.

Check out the article below and go taste for yourself! ¡Buen Provecho!


Beyond Cracker Jacks: A Dad and Daughter Take a Culinary Tour of Yankee Stadium

BY JESSICA GENTILE


Historically, no sport is associated with food as much as baseball. Hot dogsand peanuts are almost as integral to a game as bats and gloves. Cracker Jacks even get a lyrical shout out in seventh inning stretch anthem, “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.” And that song was written in 1908! Of course concession offerings have come a long way from plain frankfurters, and in recent years have reached the fanciest levels of haute cuisine. You can even buy trendy tuna poké balls at Dodger Stadium or sophisticated oysters at Fenway Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment