Monday, April 2, 2018

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Panda Express's Orange Chicken!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Panda Express's Orange Chicken!


Sofrito Lovers,

As much as I detest fast food, I can't deny the popularity of Panda Express's signature Orange Chicken or how yummy it is.  Yes, I admit to tasting and enjoying the world famous Orange Chicken!  How could I not?  My partner is one of Panda Express's biggest fans.  David loves that damn Panda Bear more than he loves me, his BearBear!  

The first time I tried Panda Express was in California, where it's more popular, while on vacation to see my in-laws.  David was dying to have lunch there and insisted I taste their signature Orange Chicken to see what I thought. He raved about it incessantly, there was no way I'd be leaving Cali without eating there once.

Despite the sticky texture and super sweet taste, I did enjoy it with the Chow Mein and steamed veggies.  It's not my favorite Panda protein, but I see the appeal.  It's reminiscent of General Tso's chicken, but with a tangier acidic flavor to it.

When I first saw the Tasty video below I knew I had to post it.  I'm sure many of you would love to learn how to make some Orange Chicken at home!  Check it out and try it out!  Go taste for yourself!  ¡Buen provecho!


No comments:

Post a Comment