Friday, January 8, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: American Kids try School lunches from around the world!

A Spoonful of Sofrito:  A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life!

American Kids Try School Lunches from Around the World

 
Sofrito Lovers,

Need a good laugh?  Then, watch the video I posted below from WatchCut Video titled, "American Kids try School lunches from around the World!" This video is hilarious; I love the kids' questions, comments, and reactions to their international counterparts' school lunches! It's also incredible to see how healthy school lunches are outside of the U.S.

As someone who works in education, I see firsthand the garbage our kids eat on a daily basis in Public Schools.  From the overcooked nutritionally deficient canned vegetables to the slop-like "mystery meats" that are shoveled onto their lunch trays, these kids are ingesting what I consider to be edible death.  

The first time I watched this video, I couldn't believe the quality, diversity, and nutritional value of the food students eat outside of the U.S.  Some of those lunches look absolutely delicious!  I'm jealous of Indian, Cuban, French, and Japanese kids; they get to eat incredible lunches and I can barely get palatable rice and beans near my school.

Sofrito Lovers, watch this video, laugh, and then pack your kids a home made lunch.  Their internal organs will thank you!  ¡Buen provecho!



No comments:

Post a Comment