Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Just in Time for Winter, Three New Ramen-Yas Appear Downtown!

A Spoonful of Sofrito:  A pinch of advice that will a lot of flavor to your life!

Just in Time for Winter, Three New Ramen-Yas Appear Downtown


Sofrito Lovers,

Eater.com never ceases to both amaze and tantalize me!  When I saw the title of the article below, I almost back flipped; I can't believe there are three more Ramen-Yas downtown!

Ramen-Yas are noodle shops where they serve traditional Ramen soup.  Now, to be clear, I'm not talking about those packaged sodium bombs that you can buy at your local bodega for $.50-which, I love too.  I'm talking about delicious bowls of artisanal soup that are carefully seasoned and masterfully prepared.  True Ramen doesn't cause your blood pressure to spike 5 points, it warms your tummy and makes you thank God you have working taste buds.  As you can tell, I'm a bit of a Ramen fan!

After reading this article, I'm eagerly planning out my visits to these three establishments!  I'm going to visit one this weekend and blog about it the minute I am done!  

Read the article and go taste for yourself! ¡Buen provecho!


Just in Time for Winter, Three New Ramen-Yas Appear Downtown


Eater's senior critic visits three new ramen restaurants below 14th Street

by ,

With over 50 ramen restaurants to choose from between the Battery and Central Park South, you’d have thought the market was totally saturated. And maybe you’ve even gotten a bit tired of the wiggly wheat noodles after close to 10 years of wildfire popularity. Well, that hasn’t stopped restaurateurs from throwing the dice a few more times in hopes of launching successful ramen joints, especially in such peak neighborhoods as the East Village and the Lower East Side, where the greatest concentration already lies. Some of the new hopefuls are actually Japanese chains that have slowly sprung into action, while others are motivated by some balky bankers, who’ve just figured out that cheap-to-produce noodles that can fetch $15 or $16 a bowl are a good bet, financially speaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment