Monday, January 25, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: My Secret Chicken Recipe!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

My Secret Chicken Recipe!


Sofrito Lovers,

I don't want to brag, but I make the best Fried Chicken ever. Yeah, I'm sure some of you must think I'm crazy, but it's the truth.  My recipe is incredible and everyone who tastes my chicken agrees.  The Colonel has nothing on me and that lady on the Popeye's commercials wishes she had my recipe. Those two losers don't come close to my incredible Pollo Frito!

Being an altruistic soul, I shall share my recipe.  Read it, cook it, taste it, and ¡Buen Provecho!

Ben's Famous Pollo Frito Recipe


Ingredients:
2-3 lbs of fryer chicken parts
3 eggs
1/3 cup of water
1-1.5 cup of white flour
Canola oil for frying
1 tsp of pepper for flour

Wet/dry rub for chicken:
1 tbsp of white vinegar

1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of fresh made Sazon
1 tsp of fresh made adobo
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cilantro powder
1 tsp onion powder


Directions:

Wash chicken parts in cold water and pat dry.

In a large bowl, season chicken with wet/dry ingredients together.  Set aside the bowl for 15-20 minutes, or overnight, to marinate.  If you refrigerate the chicken overnight, then take it out and let stand until room temperature.  Never cook cold chicken.  Make sure you pat the seasoned chicken dry as well!

In a medium size bowl beat eggs and water.  In another bowl, mix flour and 1 tsp of pepper together.

Dip chicken into egg mixture and then lightly coat in flour.

Heat canola oil in frying pan on medium-high heat.

Fry the chicken until brown and crisp on both sides.  Usually, it takes about 4-5 minutes on each side, but you should use your instincts as well.  
If it looks cooked through, then remove from heat.

Place on a plate covered in paper towels to absorb the excess oil and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment