Wednesday, March 15, 2017

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Pressure Cooker Chile Verde: 15 Minutes of Work, Flavor for Days

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Pressure Cooker Chile Verde: 15 Minutes of Work, Flavor for Days


 Sofrito Lovers,

I'm both terrified and fascinated by pressure cookers.  The idea that you can cook any food within a pot using steam pressure is exhilarating, except for the fact that they can explode in your face. 

As you guys know, I'm scared of my own oven, so it's safe to assume that pressure cookers intimidate the  hell out of me!   But still, I wish I could cook with one!  I need to grow some huevos and get myself one!  When I do, I'm going to make the Chile Verde posted below!

Posted on Seriouseats.com, this chile verde recipe sounds amazing.  Cooking sucha  complicated and time consuming recipe within a quarter of the time is incredible.  Check out the recipe below and, if you're so inclined, get to cookingif you survive the process, please invite me over!  I'm such a 'fraidy cat loser!

Go taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!

Pressure Cooker Chile Verde: 15 Minutes of Work, Flavor for Days

The Food Lab
Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science.
J. Kenji López-Alt  
 
 


Most of the time, when the phrase "Believe me" is used, it's shorthand for "I don't really have any evidence to back this up, but I want it to happen anyway, so I'm gonna pretend to be an authority."

But there are those rare occasions when the thing you're trying to describe is so unbelievable that it requires at least a bit of faith if the person you're talking to is even gonna give it a shot in the first place. What if I told you that you can make a rich, hearty, complex bowl of chile verde with only about 15 minutes of actual hands-on work? Believe me, you can.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment