Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Calderos: The Heart of Latino Cooking!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Calderos: The Heart of Latino Cooking!
 
Sofrito Lovers,

I'm not really the type to endorse products, but being the brand loyal Latino that I am I can't help, but share my all consuming love of Imusa Calderos.

Calderos (Spanish for cauldrons) are the heart of Latino cooking!  These aluminum wonders are the pots where countless guisados (stews), sopas (soups), arroces (Rice dishes), and carnes en cazuelas (Stewed meats) are born.

My partner David thinks I'm obsessed with buying calderos.  When I bring a new one home, he always asks if it was necessary to get another one.  The answer is always yes!  Depending on what you're making, you need the appropriate sized caldero.  You can't just make anything and everything in one pot.

I use my smallest caldero to make achiote oil; the second smallest for my white rice.  Medium sized calderos are for my moros (Rice mixed with beans) or my famous yellow rice.  I also use them to make my habichuelas guisadas (stewed beans).

My second largest is where I make small batches of stews or soups.  My largest caldero is where I make hearty stews full of amazing root vegetables, meat, and other delicious veggies.  I also make my amazing sopas there as well.

I'm a die hard Imusa brand lover!  They're light weight, but sturdy and will last you a long time.  They sell them in various sizes and can be found everywhere!  Imusa brand products are sold in hardware stores, super markets, and in large chain stores like Target or Home Depot.

I highly recommend you folks check out the plethora of calderos, pots, pans, and other cooking supplies Imusa has to offer.  As I said before, I'm  a die hard Imusa lover!  David will have to pry my Imusa caldero out of my cold dead hands before I give these babies up! 

Buy one, cook in it, and Buen provecho!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment