Monday, February 8, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Fake-ass American Tacos with ground beef!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Fake-ass American Tacos with ground beef!


Sofrito Lovers,

This weekend, I was in the mood for some delicious fake-ass American tacos!  I could've gone to Taco Bell or Jesus Taco, but I decided it was time for me to learn how to make them myself.  

Before I continue with my post let me clarify something, Fake-ass American tacos are those hard shell tacos filled with ground beef, tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheese, onions and whatever else people can stuff in there.  You know what I'm talking about, those types of tacos you get at Taco Bell or Jesus Taco. They're the Americanized version of real Mexican Tacos, which contain meat, onions, cilantro, and radishes in a soft corn tortilla.

Determined to make truly authentic Fake-ass American Tacos, I decided to look on YouTube for a recipe.  I vaguely remembered watching a video on Tacos on one of my favorite cooking channels, CookedbyJulie, and decided to look it up.

I was right!  Julie had posted an awesome recipe for Fake-ass American tacos two months ago!  I immediately got to work!  Here's a picture of my homemade Fake-ass American Tacos:


They were delicious!  I've posted Julie's cooking tutorial below!  So next time you have a craving for Fake-ass American Tacos you know where to go and what to do.  No need to run to the border!

Watch it, cook it, taste it, and Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment