Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: The New York City Neighborhood Pizzeria Hall of Fame

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.
The New York City Neighborhood Pizzeria Hall of Fame 

Sofrito Lovers,
Pizza gives me life!  What could be better than a delicious slice of oven-toasted flatbread covered in delicious tomato sauce and oozing with melted mozzarella cheese?  Nothing, that's what!

I'm a pizza fiend!  I love pizza and all of it's incredible infinite diversity! To be clear, I'm  not talking about Little Cesar's (Gross!), Dominio's (Double Gross!), or any of those other assembly line pre-packaged flash frozen carbohydrate nightmares they have the nerve to call pizza.  
I'm talking about a good old fashioned New York style slice of heaven, born from an oven and forged by the skilled hands of a pizza guy, who twirls the dough and sends it flying to the stars!  I could go on forever waxing poetic about pizza, but I know you want me to get to the point, so I shall!

Below, I've posted an awesome article from Eater.com, which features a list of amazing NYC pizzerias!  I'm proud to say that two of my Bronx favs made the list: Broadway Pizza and Pasta and Luigi's!

Check out this amazing article, then get out there and start sampling some of NYC's finest!  Read it, eat it, love it, and Buen Provecho!

The New York City Neighborhood Pizzeria Hall of Fame


Eater critic Robert Sietsema’s third list of the city’s most distinguished local pizza parlors

by ,

 

Ever since the invention of the stacked pizza oven — a series of three or four separate units with little headroom and separate heat controls, vertically arranged — around 1950, the modest neighborhood pizzeria has been a signature of New York vernacular cuisine. While many have disappeared under pressure from national pizza chains, 99 cent slices, and other forms of fast food, others of these noble institutions have persisted, and even flourished.

No comments:

Post a Comment