Saturday, September 3, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: 3 ways to Grill Corn

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

3 Ways to Grill Corn


Sofrito Lovers,

It's the end of summer and Labor Day Weekend, that means the grills and barbeques are coming out of the woodwork.  I love grilled veggies with my burgers, hotdogs, chicken, especially grilled corn!  It's sweet, smokey, and bursting with flavor; I think it's the perfect compliment to any grilled protein. 

Today's post is for all you grill jockeys, who want to grill the perfect corn cob for your friends and family! Check out this article from Serious Eats titled, "3 Ways to grill corn!" and get to get your grill on!

Happy Summer's end!  Happy Labor Day!  Happy Grillin' Day!  Read the post, get to your grill, and invite me over!


The Food Lab: 3 Ways to Grill Corn

Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science.


I've had three great corn epiphanies in my life. The most recent was when my little sister showed me the best, fastest way to prepare fresh corn on the cob indoors*. Before that, a college friend showed me that you can throw whole corn in the husk on the embers of a campfire and, rather than burning into oblivion, it emerge blackened on the outside and perfectly steamed in the middle.

But the first was the most important.









No comments:

Post a Comment