Monday, September 5, 2016

A Spoonful fo Sofrito: Elotes/Mexican Corn on the Cob!

A Spoonful fo Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Elotes/Mexican Corn on the Cob!


Sofrito Lovers,

I am into corn theses day!  This is my second (and last) corn related posting for the summer!  Here we go folks, let's get Corny!

With the abundance of summer corn, I decided it was time to share my favorite recipe for preparing Elote!  For those who've never heard of it, Elote is an incredible Mexican street food that combines corn with cheese, butter, mayo, chili powder, and a few other savory ingredients.  When prepared properly, Elote can be a wonderful sweet, tangy, and spicy treat, that pairs well with most dishes. A nice elote with a grilled steak or baked chicken makes for an amazing meal!

The awesome recipe for elote posted below is from Emmymadeinjapan, an awesome YouTube channel that features recipes, tasting videos, and cooking tutorials.

Being an elote lover-I prefer butter or sour cream over mayo-I'm putting this recipe to good use as soon as I visit the Union Square Green Market and buy some delicious organic corn.

I hope you do the same!  Watch it, make it, and taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!



No comments:

Post a Comment