Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Learn how to speak Japanese...food!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Learn now to speak Japanese...food!


Sofrito Lovers,

Do you know how to speak Japanese...food?  Are you correctly pronouncing your Japanese food orders?  When you order Sake, do you pronounce it Sah-Keh or Sah-Kay?  I know I'm not fluent, but with the help of the post below maybe we can all learn to speak Japanese...food!

Posted below is a YouTube tutorial titled, "The Right Way To Pronounce Japanese Food Words" from Zagat's YouTube channel.  Zagat is world famous for its printed restaurant guide, but most folks unaware of their YouTube channel, which features restaurant reviews, cooking tutorials, and all types of amazing content.

After watching this video, I felt like an asshole for mispronouncing half of the Japanese food I've ever ordered.  Here I thought I was being culturally responsible and respectful, but I've been pretty much butchering the language. I'm glad I watched the video and now know better.  

Do yourself a favor and take a look, learn, go to your favorite Japanese restaurant, and speak correctly! Go taste for yourself!  ¡Buen Provecho!










No comments:

Post a Comment