Monday, March 27, 2017
A Spoonful of Sofrito: Meatball Soup/Sopa de Albondigas Recipe!
A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.
Meatball Soup/Sopa de Albondigas Recipe!
Guess what I made for Saturday night dinner? No, not reservations! I made Sopa de Albondigas (Meatball Soup) with tons of veggies and it was delicious.
I combined a Mexican recipe with a Boricua one and created my "Bori-Mexicano Meatball Soup!" It was hearty, delicious, and a big hit with my finicky food critic, my bearbear David! He slurped down a few bowls and raved about it! High praise indeed!
Check out the recipe below, prepare it, and then taste for yourself! ¡Buen Provecho!
Meatball/Sopa de Albondigas:
2 lbs of ground beef
1 chopped Medium onion
1/3 cup of raw rice per pound of meat or
1 cup of bread crumbs
2 minced garlic cloves
1 Tsp of onion powder, oregano, black pepper, basil
2 Tsp of salt
1 Tbsp of butter
½ cup of milk
1 cup of olive oil
4 medium tomatoes
1 whole onion
4 garlic cloves
2 Medium potatoes
2 medium carrots or 1 large
2 or 3 celery stalks
Bundle of cilantro
Italian Squash (Zucchini)
1 Cubito de res
4 cups of water
2 Tbsp of Olive oil
· Prepare the Soup base in the blender.
· Make Small meatballs and put aside.
· Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat in a caldero.
· Add soup base to caldero and bring to a boil and add cubito.
· Once boiling, add the water and bring back to boil.
· Add meatballs, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
· Taste for seasoning, add carrots, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
· Add celery, potatoes, cilantro, and cook for 10 minutes.
· Taste for seasoning and then add zucchini and cook for 10 minutes.