Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Guisado de Salchichas!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Guisado de Salchichas!


Sofrito Lovers,

This weekend, I wanted to cook! I wanted to get in front of the stove and work some miracles.  I decided to check my favorite YouTube cooking channels for inspiration and found this awesome recipe for Salchichas Guisadas (Vienna Sausage Stew) on Yvonne Chinea's channel.

As I've blogged about in the past, I love Yvonne's channel; the recipes, commentary, and down-home wisdom are priceless.  I watched the tutorial and was totally hooked. I've never had Salchichas Guisadas before and was completely intrigued by the idea.

The picture above is of my version of her recipe.  I added my own twist to the recipe by adding carrots, plantains, and oregano.  I really liked the guisado and highly recommend it.  Go taste for yourself! ¡Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment