Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Prison Ramen: Recipes and Stores from Behind Bars!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Prison Ramen: Recipes and Stores from Behind Bars!


Sofrito Lovers,

I first heard about this book from one of my favorite YouTube channel hosts Emmy, from EmmymadeinJapan, who prepared a few of the Ramen recipes and tasted them on camera.  I thought the idea of writing a prison cookbook was pure genius!  I've heard that prisoners have been able to create amazing cuisine using cafeteria food and their limited supply at the commissary shop.

I'm in the process of purchasing my own copy!  I can't wait to try out the recipes.  Despite their confinement and isolation, these men and women are able to create amazing culinary art forms!  Both the human spirit and appetite are undeniable!

Read Prison Ramen and try the recipes for yourself.  ¡Buen Provecho!


Check out the Prison Ramen synopsis on Amazon.com:
A unique and edgy cookbook, Prison Ramen takes readers behind bars with more than 65 ramen recipes and stories of prison life from the inmate/cooks who devised them, including celebrities like Slash from Guns n’ Roses and the actor Shia LaBeouf.


Check out Emmy's review of one of Prison Ramen's recipes.





No comments:

Post a Comment