Saturday, March 26, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: 10 Things McDonald's doesn't want you to know!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.
 10 Things McDonald's doesn't want you to know!

Sofrito Lovers.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but McDonald's is faceless corporate vampire that destroys both the Earth and your intestinal tract.  That's right folks, Ronald McDonald and his friends contribute to deforestation, global warming, violating workers' rights, and childhood obesity every year.

Like any other child raised in the U.S., I grew up eating Happy Meals, Big Macs, and tons of those salt covered french fries of death, but as I got older I learned that good food wasn't supposed to be prepackaged and frozen for hundred years before it was served to me.  I learned that healthy and delicious food could be cooked to order with fresh ingredients not just prepared in some scary laboratory/factory, where technicians genetically spliced ingredients in order to create my meal.  

Sorry to burst your fast food bubble, but McDonald's is as good for you as getting hit by a mack truck at 90 miles per hour.  Check out the video I posted below from YouTube, if you don't believe me.  Every time I see videos like these it inspires me to cook for myself and to further investigate the restaurants I frequent.

Watch it, learn, and give up the Mickey Dees!  Your stomach and planet will thank you! ¡Buen Provecho!




No comments:

Post a Comment