Monday, March 21, 2016
A Spoonful of Sofrito: Sausage, Mushroom, and Veggies!
A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.
Sausage, Mushroom, and Veggies!
The weekends are my time to shine in the kitchen! I cook for fun, my bear, and for stress relief! David and I also need to eat, so it all works out for us! Cooking has become an amazing hobby; I never knew I would enjoy being creative in a kitchen!
This weekend, I made sausage, mushrooms, and vegetables in a nice pasta sauce. It was pretty delicious; my bear really liked it! He even snapped a pic of me and posted his appreciation on Facebook.
Look how cute I am!
I've posted my recipe for Sausage, Mushrooms, and Veggies below. Quick, simple, and delicious! Try it, taste it, and ¡Buen Provecho!
Sausage, Mushrooms, and Vegetables in Sauce.
1 Packet of sausages of any type
1 green bell pepper
1 red pepper
1 large onion
1 packet of mushrooms
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 Tbsp of canola oil
1. Heat oil, over medium-high heat, in a caldero (aluminum pot) and brown sausages on two sides.
2. Add raw veggies and saute until the onions are peppers are translucent.
3. Mix in about a cup of tomato sauce and mix.
4. Cover and let cook, under medium low to low heat, for 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or in a hero bread.