Monday, March 21, 2016

A Spoonful of Sofrito: Sausage, Mushroom, and Veggies!

A Spoonful of Sofrito: A Pinch of advice that will add a lot of flavor to your life.

Sausage, Mushroom, and Veggies!


Sofrito Lovers,

The weekends are my time to shine in the kitchen!  I cook for fun, my bear, and for stress relief!  David and I also need to eat, so it all works out for usCooking has become an amazing hobby; I never knew I would enjoy being creative in a kitchen!

This weekend, I made sausage, mushrooms, and vegetables in a nice pasta sauce. It was pretty delicious; my bear really liked it!  He even snapped a pic of me and posted his appreciation on Facebook.

Look how cute I am!


I've posted my recipe for Sausage, Mushrooms, and Veggies below.  Quick, simple, and delicious!  Try it, taste it, and ¡Buen Provecho!

Sausage, Mushrooms, and Vegetables in Sauce.

Ingredients:
1 Packet of sausages of any type
1 green bell pepper
1 red pepper
1 large onion
1 packet of mushrooms
1 jar of pasta sauce
1 Tbsp of canola oil

Directions:

1.  Heat oil, over medium-high heat, in a caldero (aluminum pot) and brown sausages on two sides.

2.  Add raw veggies and saute until the onions are peppers are translucent.

3.  Mix in about a cup of tomato sauce and mix.  

4. Cover and let cook, under medium low to low heat, for 10-15 minutes.

5.  Serve with rice, mashed potatoes, or in a hero bread.


1 comment: